Have a very happy 4th of July!

I hope that you and your family enjoy celebrating Independence Day this weekend. Remember to stay safe around the grill, at the pool and when handling or watching fireworks.

The State Fire Marshal’s office is encouraging everyone to leave the fireworks to the professionals. Every year fireworks are the cause of large numbers of fires and injuries. For example, sparklers can burn at up to 1200 degrees, which is a high enough temperature to melt metals. Also remember to take care of pets and other animals who may be frightened by the flashes and sounds of fireworks. Let’s all celebrate our independence safely so that we can all gather again next year!

Thank you to our veterans, our active duty service personnel and their families for all they have done to secure our freedoms.